At Chieveley Primary School, our main school colours are green and grey. We expect all children to wear school uniform and take steps to reduce uniform costs wherever possible. There is also a selection of Pre-Loved uniform available to buy throughout the year.
Please ensure that all children's belongings are labelled. Although we attempt to return all lost property, we find that we dispose of many unlabelled items of clothing every week!
Our uniform options are as below:
- Green Cardigan (w/ logo)
- Green Cardigan (plain)
- Green Jumper (w/ logo)
- Green Jumper (plain)
- Green sleeveless Jumper
- White shirt
- White polo shirt (w/logo)
- White polo shirt (plain)
- Grey skirt
- Grey trousers
- Grey shorts
- Grey Pinafore
- Green Checked 'summer dress'
- Black shoes for general wear
* Footwear : We ask that children wear a normal pair of black school shoes whilst at school, but have access to other sensible footwear for indoors, so their feet stay warm and dry. These are preferably black plimsolls but sensible slippers are permitted if you cannot find plimsolls to fit. Please provide shoes with velcro or buckle fastenings in FS/KS1 and until your child can tie their laces.
Our PE Kit is as below:
- Plain white t-shirt (replaced yellow t-shirt Sept 2022)
- Plain jumper for cold weather
- Black PE shorts
- Plain joggers for cold weather
Additional Items, Accessories and Hair
- All FS/KS1 children are required to have a green book bag and a PE bag
- From Kingfishers, KS2 children are allowed a school rucksack; they must use this for ALL of their school belongings i.e. their books and PE bags.
- Your child might like to attach a small colourful bag charm so that they can easily recognise their bag, but please put your child's name on the label too.
- Green baseball cap (w/logo)
- Green baseball cap (w/logo) - legionnaire
- All children are required to have a labelled water bottle which can be refilled throughout the day. These must be taken home at weekends to be cleaned.
- Jewellery should not be worn at school with the exception of watches, which may be worn at the owner's risk.
- If earrings are worn they should be of a plain, neat, keeper type (ie plain studs).
- This is a parents' decision and the risk is decided by the parent. We take no responsibility for injuries caused by earrings
- The school does not permit children to have extreme haircuts that could serve as a distraction to other children and are not in keeping with the ethos of the school.
- This includes patterns shaved into hair, excessive use of hair products and artificial hair or colouring.
- The definition of an extreme hairstyle is at the discretion of the headteacher.
- Any judgements about hair do not discriminate against any pupil by virtue of their protected characteristics.
Where to buy uniform
Our branded uniform (sweatshirts, polo shirts etc and bags) can be purchased from Skoolkit in The Kennet Centre, Newbury (01635 38285) or online at https://www.skoolkit.co.uk/.
All other uniform (skirts, trousers, etc.) can be purchased from any high street retailer.